Places We’ve Played Before
Where Have The Black Bottom Biscuits played before?
Festivals & Events- Hendersonville Apple Festival, Three Rivers Music Festival, Finlay Park Summer Concert Series, Aiken Bluegrass Festival, Rhythm On The River Concert Series, International Biscuit Festival, Plum Hollow Alternative Bluegrass Festival, Spartanburg Spring Fling, Carolina Q-Cup, Nudestock, Town of Gaffney Bicentennial, Five Points After Five, Swansea Fall Festival, Gaston Collard Festival, CottonFest, Free Times Music Crawl, Christmas In Cayce, Catawba City Concert Series, Cotton Crawl, Lake Murray Bassmasters Fishing Tournament, National Hunting & Fishing Day, Pine Ridge Fall Festival, WAGS-Fest, Vista Lights, Cheraw Spring Festival, Love Chevrolet Columbia Racer’s Reunion, Village At Sandhills Summer Concert Series, Pelion Peanut Party.
National & Regional Acts- The Biscuits have shared the stage with Nickel Creek, Sam Bush, Southern Culture On The Skids, Drivin’& Cryin’, Barney Barnwell, Danielle Howle, South85, & The Bill Noonan Band, Steep Canyon Rangers, Stoney LaRue, Julie Roberts, Martha & Eddie Adcock.
Television- In 2005, the band was featured on SC ETV’s “Bluegrass Express”.
In 2008, frontman Arnie Jones appeared on “The Naked Truth” on Charlotte- area cable TV. In 2010 the band performed on WBIR-TV in Knoxville, TN in conjunction with their performance at the International Biscuit Festival.
Radio- The band has been featured & interviewed in 2004, 2006, & 2009 for episodes of “Walter Edgar’s Journal” on SC ETV radio. In 2004, the band did a live taping for the internationally-syndicated “King Pup Radio Show”. The band’s music has received airplay on WUSC 90.5, WAGS 1380, & WSGE in North Carolina.
Clubs- Delaney’s Irish Pub, The Saloon In Five Points, Doc’s Gumbo Grille, The Flying Saucer, Headliner’s, The Art Bar, The Coal Yard, The Thirsty Beaver, Lonestar Barbecue, Front Page News Atlanta, Puckett’s Farm Equipment Charlotte, Hudson’s Barbecue Lexington, & many more.
Corporate & Private Events- Grand Openings, retirement parties, wedding rehearsals and receptions, birthdays, family reunions, pig-pickin’s, employee picnics, annual conferences, block parties- if you can think of it, we’ve probably done it!
What the Press Says
- “There are so many reasons to go see a Black Bottom Biscuits show. Flashy, near-blinding Nudie-inspired suits. Hilarious redneck tunes like “Too Many Cars In My Yard” and “Beercan Casanova”. Or maybe you are just a fan of great country and bluegrass tunes with a little bit of schtick and a lot of love. Led by multi-instrumentalist and songwriter Arnie Jones, the Biscuits mix an irreverent lyrical bent with some of the most authentic and fun roots music to be found in South Carolina.” -From Columbia’s Free Times, November 2010
- “Bluegrass and rockabilly tunes with a country soul” – The State Newspaper re: 3 Rivers 2006
- “A crowd of nearly 500 was amused by the titles, lyrics, and high energy performance given by Black Bottom Biscuits – Aiken Standard, May 9th 2006, Hopeland Gardens show
- “One of the hardest-working country bands in the state, The Black Bottom Biscuits fuse old-time country, bluegrass and rockabilly in such a way that any country music fan can enjoy.” -The Free Times Oct. 3rd 2006
- “They have all the makings of a Grand Old Opry staple”- Free Times, July 25th 2007
What the Fans Say
- “Thank you and your band for being who you are and so wonderful to work with-
we had bands every night, but only two will make the come back for next year”-
Black Bottom Biscuits and E&K.
- “Everyone we talked with enjoyed when you were on stage.” Rebecca Turner, Racer’s Reunion 2010
- “The Black Bottom Biscuits are always a crowd favorite at Lone Star Barbecue and Mercantile. The audience enjoys the original, often times, localized songs they write and sing, plus the group does an excellent job with a variety of traditional country numbers. With the singing and the gyrating that Arnie does, you feel like “Elvis has entered the building!”” -Pat Williams Owner Lone Star Barbecue and Mercantile Santee, SC
- “You guys are the only band that plays here where people ask, “When are those guys coming back?”” – Jimmy Phillips, The Southern Belly, Columbia, SC
- “You guys might not be in front of a couple of thousand people every night, but you sure play like you are.” -Eric Hancock, Publisher of Columbia, SC’s Free Times
- “We love the CD, keep it up! Some really great country music, which is hard to find these days. We love it!” comment by Allison on CDBaby website.
- “Just wanted to share with you how much my daughter & I enjoyed the show. Several of the songs you played off of the new album really hit home and it felt like you were looking into my soul as you sang them. I look forward to listening to your music for a long time to come.” email from Karen
- “I bought this for my husband and he loved it. The songs really spoke to him as a Southerner and a music lover.” comment from CDBaby website.
- “For boot-stomping fun entertainment anywhere these are the guys to go see. I was delighted to see them perform in my hometown.” Comment by Joy on The State newspaper website